Thursday, August 29, 2013

This Lovely...Healdsburg Life

Greetings from the oh-so-lovely California Wine Country! This is absolutely one of my favorite places on earth for the natural beauty, the food & wine culture & most of all because it's home. It is a well documented fact that I love Austin, Texas & for this time in my life, it's a great place to be. But I will always feel a pull to the rolling golden hills of Northern California.

This time, we are in town to celebrate the milestone birthday of a dear friend. We are staying at the stylish (clean lines, gorgeous light, Public Bikes) Hotel Healdsburg. I can highly recommend both the hotel & the town of Healdsburg.

For eats, we hit Campo Fina, Oakville Grocery, Dry Creek Kitchen & Barndiva. The standout wineries were Jordan & Lambert Bridge. My favorite moments were riding bikes on the plaza, the picnic lunch at Lambert Bridge & the big tray of breakfast delivered to me in bed by sweet Scott each morning.



Thank you for breakfast in bed, honey!



Don't mind if I do ;)


Jordan Winery. I'm pretty sure I need to move in


Our wheels for the weekend

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun little getaway! The hotel provided the bikes? Nice touch Hotel Healdsburg. Well played indeed.

    So sorry I didn't make it in to the City to see you, if even for the duration of a drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sarah--I would've loved to see you too! I can definitely relate to trying to fit in 1001 visits & things to do in a brief trip home. I loved Hotel Healdsburg. The bikes were great & also these gorgeous bottles of water that they provide. They reuse them for real because I asked to take mine home & was denied! It's the little things!

    ReplyDelete