Thursday, August 1, 2013

Juiceland Cleanse

I picked up a few key phrases in France. Je voudrais une baguette, Je voudrais un verre de vouvray, Je voudrais un petit dessert. Loosely translated: I want, I want, I want...delicious things.

It's one of the best parts of vacation, discovering that joie de vie, relaxing the standards we set for ourselves in real life. It's lovely. And when we come home, it feels good to get back to our healthy habits. This part,this readjusting to real life, has been a bit challenging for me this time around & it's time to clean things up a bit. So...

It's time for a Juiceland Cleanse. Austin has it's share of great places for juice. I love Juiceland (www.juicelandaustin.com) because of this amazing concoction called the Ninja Bachelor Party. I crave it. Seriously Amazing. Sadly, the Ninja Bachelor Party is not a part of the "Level Two" cleanse, but I am looking forward to trying some new juices. Since I'm doing 3 days this time, the cleanse will be all wrapped up in time for my birthday on Friday. Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. I've never done a cleanse & would love to hear all about it! All the gory details! Though I understand you may not wish to broadcast all the gory details on a blog entitled, "This Lovely...Life". ;) I suppose I can wait till we're hanging out IRL to hear your thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only details that could qualify as gory are afternoon/evening headaches & some breaking out (bummer.) I love green juice, but I would've liked a little variety. Next time, I'll look into customizing my cleanse to mix it up a bit. I maintained my pleasant disposition until last night when Scott accidentally woke me up in the middle of the night. I vaguely recall saying something along the lines of "I haven't eaten in 3 days. If I'm not back to sleep in 15 minutes, it's not looking good for you."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least in your solids-deprived, irritable state you managed to be funny! Well, funny to an outsider, at least. I chuckled out loud! ;)

      Delete