Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Grocery Shopping in Austin

I love grocery shopping. It is my favorite ever errand & much too enjoyable to even call an errand unless, rather than a solo outing, one or both of my children have managed to stow away & join me. Even shopping with the kids in tow is actually getting really fun these days. E is a champion cart pusher & Lila, like her mama, likes to read labels.

Austin is a great grocery town. I am working on a Whole Foods/Central Market comparative analysis (bar graphs! Venn diagrams!) Plus, my beloved Trader Joes is opening in Rollingwood in a hot minute. Of course there are farmers markets everywhere & even HEB beats the average grocery store in my former hometown.

Check out this story from Thrillist about the new Mueller HEB. It looks awesome enough to warrant a drive across town to check it out.

How about you? Do you enjoy grocery shopping? To me, a cart full of fresh, healthy foods is a cart full of inspiration & promise.

Beautiful cherries at a market in Paris

2 comments:

  1. Oh if only I could feel that way about grocery shopping! I do feel a sense of happiness, though, when the cart ends up with more produce in it then anything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phaedra--I like it almost enough to offer to do your grocery shopping for you. But, that would be crazy. So, how about instead we have our mommy play date at Whole Foods?They have plenty of wine by the glass!

      Delete